|COVID-19 Federal Update for Dealers
May 18, 2020 - Archived recording available
Presented by LADA
Will H. Green, LADA President
Congressman Garret Graves, Representing the 6th District of Louisiana
Congressman Graves has been an important and effective advocate for Louisiana businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic. He has worked tirelessly to encourage state and federal leaders to provide economic support that will help our economy. He is no stranger to many of the issues that dealerships are facing during this time and he is joining President Green for a special dealer webinar to provide us with a real-time update on some of these issues.
During this webinar, Congressman Graves will discuss:
Watch the webinar
- CARES Act and the new Main Street Lending Program
- Graves called upon the Department of Treasury and the Federal Reserve to remain committed to oil and gas businesses being considered applicable under the new Main Street Lending Program. Graves joined 59 colleagues in sending the letter in response to growing opposition for all industries to be provided equal consideration with the program even though COVID-19 has impacted businesses across the country.
- Expanding COVID-19 Testing in Louisiana
- Graves highlighted the recent $10,460,799 provided to 36 health centers in Louisiana to expand COVID-19 testing.
- Re-opening Louisiana's Economy
- Last week, Graves had joined all House Republicans of Louisiana’s Congressional Delegation in sending a letter to Governor John Bel Edwards today urging him to apply federal coronavirus reopening guidelines on a local or regional basis. In the letter, the delegation members highlighted the need to reopen regionally rather than maintaining a statewide shutdown that is causing undue harm to Louisiana families.
- Small Business Administration & Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- Graves joined his colleagues in a letter to SBA Administrator Jovita Carranza raising concerns about the EIDL program. The full letter can be found here.