LADA General Counsel
For more than 85 years, Breazeale, Sachse & Wilson, L.L.P. has been providing a complete array of legal services to our clients, serving local, regional and national clients with their litigation, regulatory and corporate needs from offices in Baton Rouge and New Orleans. The distribution and sale of automobiles give rise to many legal issues. Our automotive industry team has extensive experience dealing with the special problems facing individuals and companies involved in automotive retail trades. Our mission: to ensure that BSW clients — which include dealers, statewide trade associations and related entities — receive timely, accurate and cost-effective advice with the full benefit of our institutional experience.
Breazeale, Sachse & Wilson serves as General Counsel to the Louisiana Automobile Dealers Association (LADA). We also partner with individual dealers in Louisiana on all franchise and general business issues. We work to monitor the ever-changing status of governmental regulations, especially in the areas of franchise rights, titling, compliance, taxes, leasing, insurance, and dealer licensing, just to name a few.
Services offered to dealers:
- Franchise law and representation before the LMVC
- Corporate issues including insuring a smooth transition in the sale or acquisition of dealerships
- Estate planning, and planning for succession of management within a dealership
- Contracts, including buy/sell agreements
- TILA, Fair Credit Act, and Privacy Act expertise in compliance and litigation
- Litigation with manufacturers, unfair trade practices, and antitrust/commercial issues
- Antitrust Counseling
- EPA, DEQ, OSHA and environmental regulatory expertise
- Federal, State, and Local Taxation
- CFPB issues with major, indirect lenders
- Regulatory Compliance
P.O. Box 3197
301 Main Street, Suite 2300
Baton Rouge. LA 70821-3197
Phone: (225) 387-4000
Fax: (225) 381-8029
Claude F. Reynaud, Jr.